PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

2.13.2014

Closet Dreaming: Walk-In Closet Makeover Plans

So as you may have seen if you follow me on Instagram, I'm thinking about giving my giant walk-in closet a mini makeover. It just feels cluttered, disorganized, and not living up to its full potential. Also, my hamper broke resulting in a growing mountain of laundry taking up most of the floor space. Of course, the most boring cost effective solution would be to replace the hamper, which I fully intend, but I figure why not have a little fun with the space too?

The only thing is that I'm questioning whether or not it is worth investing money into, when I only plan on being in this rental for another 18 months or so. But I think I can do it on a tight budget, and if I spend money on solutions that I can take with me to my next place (although I doubt I will find another closet this big), it will be worth it. I'm thinking $250-300 is a reasonable budget for the space.
I've dreamed up this moodboard with my current ideas for the space:
I love the idea of adding some dressers because everything looks more organized behind closed storage. I want the space to feel sexy and glamorous.

I've come across a couple of other great ideas that I would love to implement in my walk-in: 
via Design Darling
^ I love Mackenzie's idea of using an acrylic letter sorter to organize clutches. This would look great on top of those dressers!


via Made by Girl
^Maybe I could paper or paint the drawers with a fun pop of pattern or colour like Jen did.

And just in case you need a reminder of how it looks currently, here it is, only today it looks much messier:

So what do you guys think? Should I make this my spring project or do you think it's not worth it?
Cast your vote in the comments!
xox
Photobucket

10 comments:

Elizabeth @ The Little Black Door said...[Reply]

I love your plan and I think you have the right thinking about it - just make sure to invest in pieces that you can take with you. And most all of those pieces in your board are not only things you can take with you but are things that would work wonderfully in other rooms as well.

Unknown said...[Reply]

Do it, you won't regret it!

Julia@Cuckoo4Design said...[Reply]

Yes, spring project. I want to do mine too!

Julie Khuu | Haute Khuuture said...[Reply]

Totally worth it! Imagine waking up every morning to a beautifully curated closet where everything you want to wear is within arm's reach and organized to a tee! I just finished a closet organization post last week, pop on over for some fun ideas! (Actually, my entire room is like a walk-in boutique, jewelry/scarves/hats errrrthang and then some!)

Would love to get your thoughts!

Link to closet post:
http://hautekhuuture.blogspot.com/2014/01/get-organized-now-tips-for-organizing.html

xo-Julie
Peace. Love. LOL!

Haute Khuuture Blog

Lesley Metcalfe said...[Reply]

I say go for it! And don't feel bad about the money you spend on a place you're renting - as long as it makes you happy for the duration of your time there, it's money well spent. :)

Albertina M. Cisneros said...[Reply]

Absolutely! Do it! I agree with ELizabeth. Invest in things that you can take later. And a glamorous closet can make your day so much better. Plus it's so big, you may start hanging out there more :)

Jackie said...[Reply]

Do it! As others said, just don't do anything permanent that can't be taken with you. I'm a big proponent of decorating the space you have, regardless of how long you plan to be there. Probably that's just because I'm completely impatient and can't wait on anything, but that's another story. By the way, so jealous of your giant closet. What a fun blank canvas to decorate. I say go for it!

stephanie at Stephanie Kraus Designs said...[Reply]

I love your design board and can't get enough of green, black and leopard.!

Alexa said...[Reply]

Yes! Good project! Love the idea!

Andrea said...[Reply]

Soooo worth it, your inspiration board is GORGEOUS!!! I cannot wait to see the end result!!

XOXO,
The Glam Pad