PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

1.27.2014

IDS 2014: Some Highlights

Like every other Toronto design blogger/enthusiast, I spent a good chunk of my weekend exploring and being inspired at IDS2014. I get very overwhelmed by the sheer size of events like this, and inevitably, my intentions to take a million pretty pictures get thrown out the window while I touch and experience everything. I did, however, make sure to document some things that really caught my eye.

First up is the IKEA booth. IKEA is always a showstopper at this event and this year was no exception!

I was literally drooling over that gold tile!

I also really liked the fun and quirky displays illustrating colorways at the Urban Barn Display:
Obviously this wall treatment isn't the most practical, but it is pretty and romantic isn't it?

A line by Aerin Lauder is coming to Cocoon Furnishings! I just loved this etagere vignette:

I also had fun seeing the new products on the market, especially those designed and constructed locally here by talented designers in Toronto.
I found these 'Innit' chairs to be so fun and surprisingly comfortable:

 Last but not least, I had the privilege of hearing the design talks by Linda Reeves, Kelvin Brown, Suzanne Dimma and Sarah Richardson, which was very inspiring and motivating. Sarah's booth featuring her new Kravet fabric line was amazing too, but much too crowded for me to take a decent picture!  Here is a peak off of Sarah's Instagram account:
via Sarah Richardson on Instagram
Next year, I will try to take more photos! At least this year I didn't knock over any sculptures...
Big thanks to M. for sticking it out with me all day! He is a keeper.

Were any of you at IDS? What was your favourite thing?
Photobucket


10 comments:

Elizabeth @ The Little Black Door said...[Reply]

I loved watching all of the instagram pics all weekend. What a great event! So lucky you got to hear Sarah speak - how I love her!

Linda {Calling it Home} said...[Reply]

What a beautiful show. I would love to hear those talks. Sarah is perfection.

Unknown said...[Reply]

I wish I had been there! I am blown away by the IKEA booth pictures!!! Looks like you had a ball. xo Nancy

Mademoiselle Michael Blog said...[Reply]

I love Aerin Lauder and Sarah Richardson. They are both so consistently chic. I also love that Aerin Lauder doesn't need to work, but clearly loves to. She chose to challenge herself by building her own offshoot brand, and I really like that about her! Hard work runs in that family! So glad you were able to attend & take pictures for the rest of us! :)

A Midnight Wonderland said...[Reply]

So many pretty things and ideas! I just love looking at interiors.
A Midnight Wonderland

Unknown said...[Reply]

Enjoyed seeing your photos on Instagram. Loving Sarah's new fabric line too!

Patty Day @Pattys Epiphanies said...[Reply]

Really IKEA ! The kitchen and tiles are awesome!!!!

Julia@Cuckoo4Design said...[Reply]

WOW, to Ikea. I mean I have always been a fan but this is just stunningly beautiful!

Jackie said...[Reply]

What is this fabulous event? I need to move to Canada!

Unknown said...[Reply]

Good stuff!!! I have seen one blog like the same. Like is here.
http://designaddictmom.blogspot.in/2014/02/modern-and-renovated-in-canada.html#links